Monday, October 15, 2012

French Perfume Label ~ project & printable

I've been thinking up ideas for Christmas
projects.  After sharing one of my ideas, Mom
said I could have a simple glass canister that
she never used anymore...


 First, I designed a label using 3 images from The Graphics Fairy...
  
 
I printed my labels onto cardstock & cut them out.
Look below for your free printable labels!

Next, I used slightly watered down white glue
to make an imperfect outline of the beautiful
scrolling border, and dusted with gold glitter.

Using the same glue (you could use
Mod podge, or whatever you like) I centered
and glued the label onto the clean canister. 

Haven't done this yet, but... I plan on spraying
clear acrylic sealer over the label, to protect it
from water damage, etc.


 Originally, the lid had a very country look ~ with a
large, rusty star and wooden spool on top.  Luckily, all I had
to do was take out the screw that held them in place, and
they were gone.  Instant transformation!


I think this makes a very pretty oversized vase.
At the moment, it looks great in my kitchen with
a candle inside... I also think it would make
a sweet gift filled with goodies at Christmas... 
love all the possibilities!

Please enjoy, free for personal use ~ thanks!
If you create something with these labels,
please let me know ~ I'd love to hear about it!

I'm linking up with Angie's Knick of Time Tuesday...
you really should visit!

Thank you so much for stopping by! 

 


17 comments:

  1. You are so creative, Megan! I love the labels! Thank you for sharing.: )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful labels... love them. Thank you so much for creating these...and sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the labels, last summer we have our holidays in the Provence.
    Thank you for this beautiful idea.

    Hugs Thea

    ReplyDelete
  4. c'est tres beau merci megan
    it's beautiful ,I from grasse in France, exactly i from cannes
    festival's Cannes you know ?
    thank you for your new tag
    Christelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Megan,
    Thanks for sharing your great idea!
    Can't wait to make one for myself!
    Love, Monique,the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Almost missed it this morning before school. Glad I went a wee bit further down the list.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love roses. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for these gorgeous labels! I'm going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan, you are brilliant and this turned out gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your artwork.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE what you did with this container!!! Thanks for sharing the labels with us...now I'm off to hunt down something to put them on : ) !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much, i did it realize on my blog, if you want, you can see.I love your wonderful printings, with many greetings, cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. Thank-you for reminding me not to leave my home-made gifts til the last minute! I'm seeing it as well with bath beads or crystals~

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful!!! Thanks so much for sharing what can be done with a simple glass jar. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a dainty design! I love these sweet labels. Modern perfume with the sleek bottles and labels don't appeal at all. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful, I love your works. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://vikki-vikkisblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/rose-bath-salts.html

    thanks so much I used your printable label today :)

    ReplyDelete

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak,
but their echoes are truly endless.”

~ Mother Teresa